Applicants must demonstrate they have the experience and/or education with the requirements of GL-5, GL-7, and GL-9 levels, including:
- Understanding law enforcement regulations, methods, and techniques
- Examining documents and records, as well as perform interrogations and apprehensions for further case development.
- Analyze information quickly while making appropriate and prompt decisions and actions according to applicable laws.
- Prepare and appear as a witness in court cases
- Maintain courteous and tactful manners with individuals and groups of people during their detention and interrogation
- Develop and maintain communication with informants, political organizations, state and local agencies, and private citizens to effectively conduct enforcement responsibilities.
- Use law enforcement databases and information retrieval systems
- Prepare and write reports and other documents regarding collection, protection, and recording of evidence.
- Present testimonies and retain information documents regarding illegal activities
If your previous work experience or education alone does not qualify you for a position, you may qualify based on these experiences combined.