Warning: Use of undefined constant PWP_NAME - assumed 'PWP_NAME' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c09/h02/mnt/133811/domains/myborderpatroljob.com/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/wpe-sec.php on line 63

Warning: Parameter 2 to WPE\Site_Preview::the_posts() expected to be a reference, value given in /nfs/c09/h02/mnt/133811/domains/myborderpatroljob.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298
Michigan Border Patrol Jobs – Border Patrol Jobs

Border Patrol Jobs

Your #1 Online Border Patrol Jobs Resource

Michigan Border Patrol Jobs

Border Patrol Jobs

Information About the Border Patrol Exam

A passing score on the US Border Patrol Entrance Examination is 70, but your goal should be to score in the 90's. There are three sections to the exam.
You will be tested on logical reasoning skills and job-related experiences and achievements assessment. Your study guide includes everything you need to get started.
It has a 187 page study guide and several complete practice exams. Taking the practice exams in advance will give you a real advantage in the process - so be sure to do those first.
There is a one-time refundable fee of $24.95 for your registration materials and study guide.
On average, the base starting salary for Border Patrol in Michigan is $36,658 to $46,542 per year with full government benefits. Your pay can be much higher because the average full time Border Patrol salary is $64,000 per year with benefits and overtime included.

Did You Know?

Average Starting Pay for Border Patrol Jobs in Michigan is between $36,658 and $46,542 per year. Border Patrol Jobs Offer Many Fantastic Benefits, Including:

Full Federal Benefits
Paid Training
Paid Vacations
No Experience Necessary!

Get Started Today!

Several Positions Available, Including:

Border Patrol Agent
CBP Officer
Marine Interdiction Agent
Air Interdiction Agent
CBP Agriculture Specialist
Import Specialist
Intelligence Research Specialist
UAV Pilot
CBP Contract Specialist
Field Canine Coordinator

Minimum Requirements To Qualify For Border Patrol Jobs:

Must be at least 18 years of age but less than 40 years old.

Must be a US Citizen and Resident of the U.S.

Must have a High School Diploma or GED

How to Get Border Patrol Jobs in Michigan

Border Patrol Agents belonging to the Detroit Sector are tasked with the heavy responsibility of ensuring that terrorists, illegal aliens, and contraband cannot enter the U.S. through the District of Columbia and the states of Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. For Michigan Border Patrol jobs, agents take charge of its upper and lower peninsulas, including the water border that it shares with Canada. These waters comprise four of the Great Lakes. These include the Huron, Superior, Erie, and Michigan. Lake Saint Clair, the Saint Mary’s River, Detroit River, and Saint Clair River are also part of the responsibilities of the Customs and Border Protection in Maine. Marine Interdiction Agents are in high demand by the CBP in Michigan primarily because of the presence of these many waterways.

The basic qualifications to become a Marine Interdiction Agent are similar to that required by the CBP for Border Patrol Agents. You need to be a U.S. citizen; not be over 40 years old; and meet the experience and/or education requirements to qualify. As a Border Patrol Agent, all you need is one year of work experience that showcases your leadership skills and your ability to stay calm and make rational decisions under pressure. Otherwise, you only need a bachelor’s degree if you are trying to use your education to qualify.

To become a Marine Interdiction Agent in Maine, you should have at least one year of specialized experience that gave you knowledge of basic law enforcement methods, techniques, skills and equipment used by someone in this position.  Your experience can span giving assistance to officers in vessel searches, commanding or operating vessels with sophisticated marine navigation and radar systems, inspecting cargo, operating and maintaining vessels, performing surveillance and raids, conducting interviews with witnesses and suspects, writing reports detailing activities and observations, and providing expert witness testimony in court. A Master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree will be necessary if you are qualifying through your education.

Licenses are also necessary if you want to work as a Marine Interdiction Agent. You should also have one of the licenses issued by the U.S. Coast Guard, such as the Master’s License; Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel (OUPV) License; Deck Mates License (Chief Mate, Second Mate and Third Mate) of greater than 200 gross tons; and Deck mates License (Chief Mate, Second Mate and Third Mate) of 200 gross tons or less (Near Coastal and Offshore).

All applicants for Border Patrol Agent positions must pass a written exam to be placed on the Border Patrol Agent inventory which gives them a chance to be tentatively selected. For Marine Interdiction Agents, passing the entrance test; vessel evaluation; and structured oral interview are necessary to be selected tentatively. For both positions, you still need to pass the other parts of the hiring process like drug tests, oral board interview, polygraph test, and medical evaluations.

Vacancies for CBP jobs are posted on the USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov) website. By typing the keywords “border patrol agent” or “marine interdiction agent” on the search box, you will be able to check if there are openings. Once you have spotted the announcement, be sure to read the whole vacancy posting in full. This way, you will know how to go about the application process and the documents that you need to include in your application package. Be sure to register with USAJOBS so that you can build your profile, save your resume, and submit your application online.

If you still have questions about working with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency in Michigan, you can talk with a CBP recruiter in the Detroit Sector. The number to call is 1-877-420-USBP. You may also email them at dtmrecruitment@cbp.dhs.gov.

Copyright © 2009-2018 MyBorderPatrtolJob - All Rights Reserved Worldwide
Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Site map - About Us - Contact Us
My Border Patrol Job      Birch Street Newport Beach, CA 92626      (916) 572-4555
3723 Birch Street Newport Beach, Disclaimer: This site is not affiliated with the Customs & Border Patrol Agency