Did You Know?
Average Starting Pay for Border Patrol Jobs in echo $newTitle; ?> is between $36,658 and $46,542 per year. Border Patrol Jobs Offer Many Fantastic Benefits, Including:
Full Federal Benefits
No Experience Necessary!
Get Started Today!
Several Positions Available, Including:
Border Patrol Agent
Marine Interdiction Agent
Air Interdiction Agent
CBP Agriculture Specialist
Intelligence Research Specialist
CBP Contract Specialist
Field Canine Coordinator
Minimum Requirements To Qualify For Border Patrol Jobs:
Must be at least 18 years of age but less than 40 years old.
Must be a US Citizen and Resident of the U.S.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED
How To Apply to the U.S. Border Patrol
To apply for a position with CBP, please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Border Patrol Jobs, then click “Apply Online” and follow the prompts. The application process ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on Monday, May 20th, 2013, or until our staffing needs are met, whichever comes first.
- Resume – Resumes must be written in English, contain your full name, address, and telephone number. Additionally, it must contain the last four digits of your Social Security Number, job description and details (including the dates) as well as your work schedule and salary. Applicants are required to upload their resume to USA Test Manager at: https://usatestmanager.gov/, or fax to (478) 757-3144. If you choose to fax your resume, you may download the cover sheet provided at: https://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf. All faxed resumes must include this cover sheet with the Vacancy Identification Number: LN776411 on the cover sheet in order to upload your resume properly.
- Transcripts – If you are applying for a CBP position based in part or solely on your educational qualifications, a transcript must be submitted in English.
- Proof of Veterans’ Preference – If you are selected and claim veterans’ preference, you must provide proof of eligibility with the required application forms. DD-12, Certificate of Release or Discharge are all accepted as veterans’ preference proof of eligibility. Applicants that claim 10-point preference must submit a Standard Form 15 in addition to the proof requested on the back of the form. Additional information is available at:
- For information regarding eligibility for veterans’ preference, visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/vetguide/index.aspx.
- OF-306 – “Declaration for Federal Employment”
- Border Patrol Agent Agreements – Conditions of employment and specific training forms.
Applicants who have successfully passed the entrance exam will be required to upload these documents to USA Test Manager at: https://usatestmanager.gov/ or fax these documents to (478) 757-3144 including the cover letter found at:
https://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf. This cover letter must also include the Vacancy Identification Number: LN776411 or your documents will not be uploaded properly.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.